Elevator Jazz Pitch
You are an artist, a composer, a band leader. You are performing regularly, you may even have recorded some of your music already. But there is so much more you would like to do. At this year’s conference, inJazz introduces – in cooperation with BERTHOLD Records – the Elevator Jazz Pitch. Come and pitch yourself, your music, your band, your concept, your company. Get your conversation started at inJazz 2019 and maybe you will take home the inJazz inCentive of € 1.000,-!
This is how it works
- During the conference on Friday 28 June, inJazz ticket holders can sign up for the Elevator Jazz Pitch between 10 am and 1 pm at the Elevator Jazz Pitch desk in the Foyer with name, band name (if applicable) and a maximum of five keywords about their reason to pitch.
- Everyone who applies will commit to being present during the Elevator Jazz Pitch from 3 to 4 pm.
- Between 1 and 3 pm the jury will assess the applications and make a pitching selection of 10 names.
- Elevator Jazz Pitches start at 3 pm, presented by Co de Kloet (producer, artistic consultant connected to Dutch public service broadcaster NTR and Conservatory of Amsterdam). Pitches are being delivered, the jury will judge.
- The jury will consult during a 10 minute break, filled with song and dance, after which a winner of the inJazz inCentive is announced.
The ten pitchers and the eventual winner will be selected by the jury consisting of Anton Berthold (founder and managing director of BERTHOLD Records), Marieke Meischke (Festival Manager at Muziekgebouw Eindhoven, So What’s Next) and Co de Kloet.
The inJazz inCentive
The Elevator Jazz Pitch is an initiative of inJazz and Bremen based record label BERTHOLD Records, who were kind enough to make the inJazz inCentive available without any business interests. Nicholas Bild, CEO of BERTHOLD Records: “With the inJazz inCentive we want to support great ideas and grant a positive input for inJazz visitors. We are convinced that inJazz is one of the best connecting opportunities in Europe and this we want to support.”
15:00 - 16:00
LantarenVenster - Room 1
Jazz World Cafe: co-creating international music exchange
Initiative The Jazz World Cafe brings musicians and supporting organizations […]
VIP Meeting (closed meeting)
Vereniging van Jazz- en !mprovisatiemuziek Podia
One of the fixed networking moments during the conference are […]
12 Points at BIMHUIS: announcement of the selected acts
Earlier this year, the Dublin based jazz resource and festival […]
The Festival Challenge, BeNeLux edition
Back by popular demand during the conference: The Festival Challenge. […]
Developing new creatives
A panel on talent and talent development seems to be […]
Music rights on tour, the jazz edition
This panel about music rights is Dutch spoken. For many […]
No scene is an island
But what about scenes on an island? After several years […]
Are we booking the future?
In this panel an international quartet of experienced professionals will […]
Jazz and the Fair Practice Code
This panel is Dutch spoken. The Fair Practice Code was […]
Welcome to the club
Running a jazz club is nothing less of a challenge […]
Presentation: Who is selected for Sound Out?
Sound Out is a new professional development and mentoring platform […]
Elevator Jazz Pitch
You are an artist, a composer, a band leader. You […]
Rotterdam, the 10th island of Cape Verde
Contrary to its dry image, the Cape Verde Islands offer […]
Brexit & all that jazz: opportunity knocks!
Surely Brexit – if it happens – will offer challenges […]
WHY DIY? Breaking into the international market
What does it mean to manage yourself as an artist? […]
Annoucement Buma Boy Edgar Prize 2019 winner
The Buma Boy Edgar Prize is awarded each year to […]