Showcase your talent
Attention to all Dutch musicians and composers: the application for inJazz (27 and 28 June) 2019 is now open!
Audience and payments
Apply to be considered for an official performance at inJazz in Rotterdam (NL), an initiative of Buma. We offer Dutch acts the chance to showcase their talent for an international network consisting of programmers, record labels, managers, bookers, journalists and other significant jazz professionals. The payments by Buma for the showcases at inJazz are € 250 per artist with a maximum of € 1,250 at the most for a group.
Professional committee, recordings and broadcasting
The programme of the showcases should mainly consist of own repertoire by members of Buma. A committee consisting of professionals will pick a selection of Dutch acts from the entries. Everyone will be informed before 1 April 2019. We also make sure your performance will be professionally recorded (including rights). You will receive this recording after inJazz. A lot of the tracks will be broadcasted on national and international radio stations.
Terms and conditions
- At least half of the performed songs need to be Dutch copyright.
- Application is solely possible via the application form. Groups that didn’t use the form will not be considered for the showcase program.
- The deadline for application is February 28, 2019.
- The showcase committee is put together by the inJazz organization and represents the Dutch professional jazz scene. There won’t be any correspondence on the formation of the committee nor the selection procedure.
- Selected acts will be informed before April 1, 2019.
- Selected bands approve on the potentially promotional usage of 1 audio track.
- Selected bands give permission to the organization of inJazz to make audio and video recordings of the performance during inJazz. These recordings can be used for broadcasting by Buma Cultuur or third parties.
- By applying for inJazz the band agrees on the selection procedure.
- The band guarantees its availability on June 27 and 28, 2019.
- The inJazz showcase program is part of the North Sea Round Town festival.
- Each band receives a fee of 250 euros per band member with a maximum of 1.250 euros per band.