Showcase your repertoire!
At inJazz 2020, Dutch musicians and singers will be given the opportunity to showcase their talents to many important, international music professionals and a widely varied audience. A great way to kickstart your career! This is your chance to follow into the footsteps of talented and successful musicians.
About the audience
Please apply to be considered for giving an official performance at inJazz 2020 in Rotterdam (NL), an initiative of Buma. The festival programme of inJazz offers Dutch musicians and singers the chance to showcase their talents to an international network of professionals in the music industry consisting of programmers, producers from record labels, managers, bookers, journalists and other important jazz music professionals.
About the fee
If you are invited to showcase your talent at inJazz 2020, Buma will pay €250 per musician with a maximum of € 1,250 per band. Please note: at least one musician/ singer of the band must live and work in The Netherlands.
About the committee, recordings and broadcasting
The showcases programme should mainly consist of original repertoire by members of Buma. A professional committee will select a number of Dutch performances from the entries. All applicants will be informed by 1 April 2020. If you are selected to showcase your talent, we will arrange for a professional recording of your performance (including rights), which you will receive after inJazz. Many tracks will be broadcasted on national and international radio stations.
The deadline for applications is 23 February 2020.
Please note that the maximum file size is 64MB.
Showcase Teus Nobel at inJazz 2019 - photo by Eric van Nieuwland
Terms and conditions
- At least half of the performed songs need to be Dutch copyright.
- At least one musician/ singer of the band must live and work in The Netherlands.
- Application is solely possible via the application form. Groups that didn’t use the form will not be considered for the showcase programme.
- The deadline for application is February 23, 2020.
- The showcase committee is put together by the inJazz organization and represents the Dutch professional jazz scene. There won’t be any correspondence on the formation of the committee nor the selection procedure.
- Selected acts will be informed before April 1, 2020.
- Selected bands approve on the potentially promotional usage of 1 audio track.
- Selected bands give permission to the organization of inJazz to make audio and video recordings of the performance during inJazz. These recordings can be used for broadcasting by Buma Cultuur or third parties.
- By applying for inJazz the band agrees on the selection procedure.
- The band guarantees its availability on June 25 and 26, 2020.
- The inJazz showcase programme is part of the North Sea Round Town festival.
- Each band receives a fee of 250 euros per band member with a maximum of 1.250 euros per band.